If my sister, Rita, was alive during World War II, this famous icon might have been "Rita the Riveter" instead of "Rosie." Both personally and professionally, she has lived her life with passion, commitment and courage.
We Can Do it? RITA CAN!
- Can a young Mom plan a budget for her family so that 3 children can attend private school from kindergarten through college and not have any student loans when they graduate? She did it!
-Can you spend six months recovering from a stroke, then return to work full time? She did it!
-Can you organize your community and raise enough money to keep your local parochial school open when the Archdiocese of Chicago announces that it will be closed? She did it!
-Can you change careers when many people are facing a mid-life crisis? She did it!
Now, after twenty-one years of dedication to her job as the Chief of Staff for the 38th Ward of Chicago, Rita is retiring.
Knowing my sister, it will only be a few days before she re-directs her energy into new causes. Therefore, I have created a "retirement to do" list for her.
1. Take pride in your career and cherish the memories.
2. Relax at a spa as a gift from Matt and Diane.
3. Clean out your closest to make room for casual clothes.
4. Slow down! Learn how to stop and smell the roses.
To my wonderful sister,
Retired & Admired.
Roses were made using SSB's tutorial