Once again, I teamed up with my friend, Bobbie to host a meeting of our Book Club. When it is our turn, we always have fun creating a party atmosphere for the meeting.
The book we selected was a little history, a bit of a
mystery and a hint of Hallmark. A fictional story based on the unsolved murder of Jane Stanford, the founder of Stanford University.
It was a fun evening and a lively discussion including which book cover we preferred. Our friends also appreciated the correspondence that Bobbie exchanged with the author.
Since the story takes place in Hawaii, we decided on a luau theme for the evening.
We welcomed our guests with Hawaiian music and a lei greeting, then served Mai Tais, pūpūs and coconut gelato with a pineapple cookie and a rainbow spoon. At the end of the evening we said aloha to each guest with a parting gift that included cookies.
Since a black cat is a significant character in the story, I wanted to include her in some way, but black icing is something I try to avoid. ChatGPT helped me with the picture and a tropical cocktail made from a cat cookie cutter sufficed.

.png)

e
Wow! What more can be said?!? Such a fun spread and wonderful evening for your booking club. It makes me want to read more!
ReplyDeleteHow is it I can’t be a member of this book club??! 😉
ReplyDelete