Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Memories of Mom



This year we had to say goodbye to my kind, sweet, loving Mom, so I will be celebrating Christmas with another angel in heaven.  She wasn't Donna Reed and didn't wear pearls while cleaning house, but she did raise us in a home that was reminiscent of the idyllic 1950s childhood.



Our home was filled with friends, extended family was always welcome to stay, and Mom cooked and baked for everyone.  She was "famous" for her southern style cooking, Easter lamb cakes, Christmas cookies, cheesecake, and jello molds of all kinds. Her special ingredient in everything was never a secret--love was at the core of everything she did.


I was very proud the first time I shared my sugar cookies with the family favorites that Mom always made for us.

Although I am missing Mom, I take comfort in knowing that Mom and Dad are together, again.  I was blessed with two amazing parents and I will be forever grateful.


 My Mother, my friend, my angel.


Forever in my heart and in the stars.





1 comment:

  1. A beautiful and loving tribute, my Cookie Friend! Your mom would be proud of ALL the family traditions you keep alive. She will be in a corner on Christmas Day, peeking--and smiling--as everyone sneaks those precious angel cookies off the tray.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...