Sunday, May 16, 2021

Celebrating Megan's Graduation


Great-niece, Megan, is graduating today.

The ongoing pandemic brought new challenges for senior year, including:  remote learning, playing a saxophone while wearing a mask, virtual concerts and outdoor concerts, to name just a few.  Despite the "new normal," Megan has excelled.

Earlier this year, Meg received high praise for a video she created in her film class, so I decided to try to recreate her image in cookie form.

Since Meg is a musician, I included a cookie version of, Pomp and Circumstance, for her.

Meg's art work was selected to represent her high school in a juried art show, so black and white cookies were part of her collection.

I think of this cutter as my "Meg" cutter.  I purchased it for her 8th grade graduation and have never used it for anyone else.  With a few cuts here and there, I updated it for a more sophisticated look.  Ooops. . .I forgot to add eye glasses!

Finally, a few traditional caps, diplomas and flowers to round out her collection.

Best wishes to a sweet girl as she moves on to the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design. 

Love, hugs and cookies! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...