Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Santa's Back



Santa's back this year sporting a stylish buffalo plaid hat!


I opted for cookie platters for the family this year, but I wasn't very happy with the outcome.  No matter how many times I arranged the tree, it just didn't look very appealing to me.  In addition, the holly berries look like Mickey Mouse. 


Although I made truck cookies in 2016 and 2015, red trucks seem to be everywhere this year, so here is my updated version.


A few snowman and snowflakes will guarantee a white Christmas!


Our Christmas celebration included a new addition to the family, great-niece, Avery.  Her "First Christmas" cookie was designed to mirror her signature style, a headband with a bow.


In past years, this cookie would have ended up in the reject pile once I smashed the bottom of the cookie.  However, I am now trying to remind myself that "it's just a cookie" and make the best of it.


The smashed foot gave me an opportunity to create a tag to add to her bagged cookie that included Lincoln, the family dog.


As Avery joined us this year, we lost her Great Grandpa just a few days earlier.  Dad, Grandpa, Great-Grandpa S.  .  .  forever in our hearts and in the stars. 


Merry Christmas one and all.













2 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze me year after year with your cookie creations. I don't know if your family realizes how much extra work it is to design a single, unique cookie. Avery is a perfect likeness, and the truck is sensational. Merry Cookie Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. I do enjoy creating special cookies for family members and they seem to appreciate them. As the kids reach 21, I'm now making a book from the blog so they will have a memoir of their special cookies. Avery may have to get that book long before she reaches 21. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my Sugar Sister.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...