Thursday, November 12, 2015

Kendall is a Star


My great-niece, Kendall, recently concluded her four years as a starter for her high school Volleyball team.  She was named the team's MVP and recognized as a member of the all conference and all area teams.  The Daily Herald newspaper said:

The Knights' top player is leaving the building. The University of Missouri-St. Louis has already signed Buchman for next season. The four-year starter led her team in virtually every category. "It's hard to just use her numbers for her value to the team," coach Jim Sarver said. Buchman was called on to do just about everything for the Knights. The starting setter hit outside, as well. She helped out on offense with 104 kills and 190 assists, while also collecting 316 digs. She is a two-time Fox Valley all-conference player.


Whenever possible, I like to send cookies to family members to help celebrate the special moments in their lives.



Several years ago I had fun making a stick figure cheerleader, so I decided to repeat stick figures for this collection.  Unfortunately, they look more like something from a Tim Burton movie than the cute designs I had envisioned.  Since my 2015 cookie resolution was to remember that it is "just a cookie,"  I included them in the collection rather than considering them rejects.  Mixed in with the rest of the cookies, they don't look too bad.


Kendall's 16th birthday cookies were based on the theme, "the places you'll go," so I decided to include a t-shirt with the verse.  One t-shirt eventually became a wardrobe!


Since I have nicknamed Kendall, the "glamathlete," I had to add a little bling to the collection.  .   . and she does love her shoes!


The next stop on "the places you will go," will be St. Louis to play Division II volleyball.  Congratulations, on signing your National Letter of Intent to attend the University of Missouri.

So proud of you!!!!


References:
The volleyball net was inspired by a photo I found in a Google search and also on Pinterest. The design was created by Becca-Bakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...