Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Early Days of Cookie Decorating


When I started a blog in 2012 it was all about the cookies-the decorating, the techniques, the tools. However, over the years it has evolved into a record of special family events

Unfortunately, I did not always take pictures of my cookies, so this will always be an "incomplete" record.  Nevertheless, I decided to update the blog to include some pictures that I found from my early days of this cookie adventure.

In 2009, Kaley, the oldest of my "great" nieces/nephews, was the first to receive cookies for a Graduation celebration.  Looking back, they are quite a mess, but at the time I was proud of them.


A year later, Kaley's cousin, Chiann, graduated and some improvement can be seen in my decorating skills.  At least I added the point on the mortarboard!


As graduations followed, I added different designs and my decorating skills improved.




Diplomas with heart shaped ribbons and the book cookie have been part of every grade school graduation set since 2011.

Over the years, cookies have been part of major life events. 
 
School celebrations-- There have been so many with this large family, I am sure I missed many achievements, but I tried to acknowledge them whenever possible.


 Birthdays. . .





Special cookies at holidays. . .






a baby shower when Elliot arrived early .  .  .


and a serious illness from start to finish.



I hope the kids in the family have enjoyed receiving their special cookies as much as I enjoy making them.

Finally, this Peter Rabbit cookie became my cookie "identity" along with the moniker, Cookie Friend,  when I first started sharing cookie photos and ideas on FLICKR, then via Facebook.   It is still one of my favorite designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...