Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Holiday Season


Holiday baking began with traditional designs in simple gold and white.

Next up, 65 Nutcrackers that were a far more complicated design.
 

This was my first time decorating this iconic character and the cookies looked quite festive when they were bagged and tagged for party favors.


As is always the case, time became an issue for preparing for the holiday, so I opted to stick with simple designs in a pastel palette for our family gathering.

Of course, the little ones have to have a "puzzle" cookie to celebrate the season.  I have to say I consider this cookie an epic fail.  I just couldn't get the ears right on this design, and it looks like a cat with antlers. Oh well, no time for "do overs" this year, so the kids can get a good laugh while they eat their cookies.


Finally, I have another new angel in heaven this year.  For my friend, Jim, forever in my heart and in the stars.


"It is Christmas Eve.  In just a few hours, the clock will strike midnight-- a time of magic, and of dreams."    The Nutcracker



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...