Sunday, May 1, 2016

100 Years Young



Did you ever meet someone and know from that very first conversation that you were going to be great friends?  That's what happened when I met Ray. . .  my co-worker, my mentor, my friend.  Ray's life was brief but he touched the hearts of many.



Since Ray's passing,  I have tried to keep in touch with his family and his Dad and I have been "pen pals."  Mr C's hearing is not very good, so I write rather than call and send cookies when I can.

 This weekend, Matt and I traveled to Ohio to attend his 100th birthday celebration.


Many friends and family gathered for this special event and we were treated to a wonderful memoir of his life.  Mr. C told many tales, daughter Sarah took notes, and Grand-Daughter, Katie, designed the book. Here are just a few of the memorable photos that illustrated the story of his life.


Want to live to be 100?  Here is Mr. C's advice,  "I credit my big breakfast and my exercise bike for my still being here.  I now time myself and I go on the bike for 15 minutes, three times a day."



Congratulations on this amazing milestone.  May your special day be filled with sunshine, smiles, laughter and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...