Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Megan is Sixteen

Megan, my great niece, is celebrating her sixteenth birthday. The cookies that I made for her were designed to reflect her special interests, including: Latin, Soccer and Running.  Her younger siblings were my "design consultants" for the cookies.  Mary Grace (7) said "blue and soccer. "  Leann (4) said, "green and apples."  The result is an eclectic collection of cookies.

Happy Birthday to a very special person, we are blessed to have you in our lives.
The traditional collection. . .
The bows were inspired by Ali Bee's very helpful tutorial:  http://snargblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/bow-tutorial.html









The Latin cookies. . . I used the internet as my source for the Latin version of "Happy Birthday,"  I hope it's correct.






Finally, the sports collection. . .This was my first attempt at making soccer balls and I was very happy with the result. The mini shoes were inspired by my good friend, Donna.  You can view here work at: http://carrollscookies.blogspot.com/

Ooops, I forgot to get a photo of the apples.  However, since Leann is only 4, I think she will be too busy eating Megan's cookies to notice that a picture is missing from the blog.

My great nieces, Kaley and Chiann, celebrated their 16th birthdays before I started blogging, but I thought I'd share pictures of their cookies.


I am very fortunate to have a large extended family.


1 comment:

  1. The kids are all very lucky to have such a talented and thoughtful great aunt in their lives. I am sure they look forward to seeing their personal collection of cookies for "Big" birthday milestones. Each collection is remarkable in the way they reflect on the recipient!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...